Soup and winter go hand and hand. How about a soup thats tasty and very easy to throw together. What if I told you your family will LOVE it because it taste like pizza? How about Italian Beef and Pepperoni soup to warm you up!
You Will Need...
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 cup sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese (optional)
Step by Step Instructions
In a large dutch oven, brown ground beef and cook pepperoni slices. When beef is no longer pin, drain beef and remove. In the same dutch oven, add oil, mushrooms and bell pepper, cook for 5 minutes or until peppers are soft. Stir in beef mixture, tomato paste and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.