Inspired by the popular lace crown tutorials circulating the blogosphere, I developed a speedier method using the microwave. Using crochet lace, fabric stiffener, and metallic paints, you can create beautiful crowns in about an hour.
You Will Need...
- 1/2 yard crocheted lace*
- Fabric Stiffener (I used Aleene's Stiffen Quick)
- Small bowl
- Tacky Glue
- 1 sheet posterboard
- clear packing tape
- paper plate or parchment paper
- thin butterknife or offset spatula
- sewing pin
- Gold or silver metallic paint**
- Rubber gloves
- Paint brush
- Hot glue gun or a jewelry adhesive (I used Aleene's Platinum Bond Glass & Bead)
- Vintage jewelry, rhinestones, jeweled scrapbook trim, etc...