I love to make wreaths and deco mesh wreaths are my favorite y’all. Deco mesh wreaths are so simple, fun and versatile. Once you know the basics of how to make one, the sky is the limit.
Today I’m going to teach you the basics with a Memorial Day or 4th of July wreath. This one is fairly simple so it is a great one to show y’all the basics on. When you try it feel free to pick different colors and such. Make it original y’all.
1. Start with the 21 inch deco mesh. Gather one end and attach it to the back of wreath form with a pipe cleaner.
2. Pull 10 to 15 inches thru the wire wreath form to make a loop.
3. Now skip to the next row in the wire wreath form and pull another loop thru. Try to keep your loops a similar size. Continue going around the wreath pulling loops thru until you have used all the deco mesh. Tie the end to back of the wire wreath form.
4. Now get one of your 5 inch rolls of deco mesh and attach it the same way and loop it all around the wreath like you did with the larger deco. Attach the end.
5. Do the same with the next 5 inch roll of deco. Then spread out the loops to make the wreath fuller.
6. Now you can add the finishing touches. I added the deco mesh tubing by looping it and attaching the loops with pipe cleaners. I also attached a star and flag with pipe cleaners. Just try to hide the pipe cleaners as best as you can.