Homemade Hair Treatments For Damaged Hair1. Avocado Deep Conditioner Hair Mask- Using 1 small jar of mayonnaise and 1/2 avocado. Mix all ingredients, smooth into head being careful to work it to the ends, Use shower cap or plastic wrap to seal body heat in and leave on for 20 minutes. 2. Mayonnaise Your Hair - Apply 1/2 cup of mayonnaise to your dry hair, work in really well, cover your head with a plastic wrap, and let it set for about 15 minutes. 3. Olive Oil Hair Mask - Combine 2 tablespoon honey and 3 tablespoon olive oil together. Apply thoroughly and then cover with plastic wrap and set for 15 minutes. These beauty tips and treatments are great on any type of hair and safe enough for those with sensitive scalps as well.
Homemade Shampoo4. Baking Soda Hair Cleansing Mud - Mix 1 heaping Tbsp. of Baking Soda and 3-5 drops of essential oils of your choice (lavender, patchouli, rosemary, sweet orange are some of mine:not necessarily all together) with enough water to make a paste. Mix this in the shower. It took a little getting use too, with there being no suds. 5. Natural Chemical Free Shampoo - Use these three ingredients and use as a natural DIY shampoo, ¼ cup distilled water ( deionized water is ok ), ¼ cup liquid castile soap ( I use unscented ), and ½ teaspoon jojoba, grapeseed or other light vegetable oil. 6. Chamomile Fields Shampoo - Let the tea bags steep in 1 1/2 cups of boiled water for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and with the remaining liquid add the soap flakes. Let stand until the soap softens. Stir in glycerin until mixture is well blended. Pour into a bottle. Keep in a dark, cool place.
More Home Remedies For HairHere are several more tips on homemade treatments for damaged hair over on the Hair Care Tips blog.
- Drinking a lot of water, to keep the body hydrated and lustrous.
- Regular use of olive oil, to help control damaged frizzy and dry locks. This remedy can either be used directly on the head, or quantities of it can be increased in a diet.
- After washing, apply a small amount of silicone serum should be applied to the head, which repairs the damage.
- Jojoba oil should be applied mainly to the ends to make it softer. This home remedy can work wonders with frizzy and dry locks.
- Damaged hair should be deep conditioned thoroughly at least once a week.