If you need a roomy tote bag to carry all your belongings, this Rounded Opening Tote Bag Tutorial makes a super cute, bright bag, perfect for the summer season!
You Will Need...
- Mustard Canvas 2 x 20″ by 20″ = 50 cm by 50 cm for outer and lining panels
- Striped Canvas 2 x 20″ by 20″= 50 cm by 50 cm for outer and lining panels
- 2 Strips of mustard canvas fabric 26″ by 5″ = 67 cm x 13 cm for handles
- Interfacing 2 x 20″ by 20″ = 50 cm x 50 cm (this and this are good options but for a super stiff, sturdy bag use this)
- Free Pattern downloadable here
- Sewing machine (I used this one)
- Zipper foot for when making the handles (tutorial here)
- Jeans/Canvas needle of 100/16 or 110/18 (recommended)
- Heavy duty thread in color of choice
- Fabric marker
- Cording for handles
- Pins or clips
- Tips for sewing with canvas