As a part of the Tip Junkies Top Ten Holiday Trends series, Laurie asked if I could put together a list of great appetizers and hors d’oeuvres for holiday entertaining! Whether you are hosting a holiday soiree or bringing a dish to your neighbor’s get-together, you’ll earn big points with these fabulous party starter recipes!
Garlic Chicken Puffs via TidyMom
yields 32 puffs (I made a double batch)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cooked shredded chicken*
- 2 cans refrigerator crescent rolls
- Mix cream cheese, garlic and chicken until well blended.
- Unroll crescent rolls and cut each triangle into 2 triangles (when you unroll the crescent rolls, 2 triangles are attached making a big square, I just cut from there following the perforation for one cut and made another cut from the other corners = giving you 4 little triangles)
- Place 1 tsp of chicken mixture on the center of each triangle and fold the corners in over the creamy mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 12-14 mins.
I used 2 cookie sheets at a time, and had to bake 3 batches to get all of mine baked (so allow for that time if youre making a lot)
Also, mine were ready in about 11 mins, so watch for how your oven cooks.
*For cooked chicken, I buy those big bags of frozen chicken tenderloins, I just threw 6 of them on a cookie sheet and baked for about 25 mins.
2 8oz pkgs Cream Cheese, softened
1/3 cup beer*
1 envelope Ranch Dressing Mix
2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Beat the first three ingredients until well blended.
Stir in cheddar cheese by hand.
*if dip is too thick, add a little beer to thin it down
Hors D’oeuvre Recipe
Roasted Tomato Brushetta via She Wears Many Hats
Spinach Artichoke Dip via Dine and Dish
Gingered Clementine Pomegranate Shrimp via Food for my Family
Buffalo Chicken Dip via TidyMom
Tortilla Roll-Ups via Blooming on Bainbridge
Home Made Pizza Rolls via TidyMom
Baked Brie via Living Locurto
Stuffed Mushrooms via Add a Pinch
Enjoy celebrating the holidays!
Cheryl created TidyMom.net where she shares her passion for baking, creating, photography, family, and of course…a tidy home! Through the years, Cheryl has grown to laugh more often as she enjoys life with her family and in her home near St. Louis, MO.