I love making special memories with my kiddos and try my best to continue family traditions from year to year. Here is a list of back to school traditions that you can do with your family.
All of these ideas were originally featured on my other blog Tip Junkie. I have compiled all my favorites here in one place for your convenience.
Print Free File: Download
To make things even easier – I’ve compiled them into a 2 page format you can print out and put in your Executive Homemaker binder for future use. Simply circle the ones you do each year so you don’t have to re-invent the wheel every August.
Below I have linked each of the ideas to it’s original source to give these fabulously creative mommies the recognition they deserve.
Make Before Hand:
1. School Countdown: Jar or Chain
2. Magic School Bus (night before)
3. German Schultute
4. Back to School Survival Kit – Print off tags
1st Day of School Breakfast:
5. Back to School Feast
6. Name Pancakes
7. Butterfly Breakfast
8. School Themed Dinner
9. Bus Cookies
10. Decorate Binders
11. Spa Day (private blog)
12. 1st Day Photo by front door: Shaking Hands, Number Cut Out
13. Decorate Backpack with favorite character and lunch name tags
14. Monogram backpacks with initials
15. Backpack tags with vital information (private blog)
16. Make over last years backpack
Last Day of School Traditions:
17. Welcome to Summer banner
18. Special T-shirt
19. Last Day Lunch
These traditions can also be reversed to celebrate the first day of school.
Leave a Reply