Wondering how to make a pillow? One of the easiest ways to spruce up a room is by adding a fun new throw pillow! The possibilities are endless with different fabrics, textures, and embellishments. Here are 15 Tutorials on how to sew a pillow to get your creative mind thinking!
How To Make A Pillow
1. We all know ruffles are good for a touch of feminine, and this ruffled pillow has no shortage of ’em.
2. Want something vibrant and simple? A dyed doily can be just the right embellishment on your plain pillow to make it pop.
3. Pillows with a simple bow can be a classy addition to your couch!
4. Immortalize your family members on a pillow with this silhouette pillow tutorial.
5. Mix up your textures with some gathers and rosettes! This would also be fun with coordinating fabrics. Can you picture it?
6. Playful pillows, like these wheel pillows, would be really fun in a kid’s room!
7. Have you ever thought of using spray paint and freezer paper on your pillows? What an easy way to get a unique cover!
8. Sport the vintage look with a knit shag pillow. This pillow is way easier than it looks!
9. Who doesn’t need a gigantic pom-pom in their life? Especially when they are pillow trim!
10. This custom herringbone pillow is bound to get a compliment. And it is simple! I love big-impact, low-pressure projects like this one.
11. Knit comes to play again in this starburst pillow. I love how it looks!
12. How fun is this Lattice pillow? It is made of felt, and is a great modern addition to your furniture!
13. Want some more sophistication? Pin tucks and pleats, that’s where it is at!
14. You can’t go wrong with flowers, and this big Floral pillow embellishment ensures you don’t miss the main feature!
15. I do love good pillow texture- this gathered one is another perfect example of a big-impact, low-effort pillow!
However you decide to spruce up your space, have fun doing it! Pillows are a great way to use your skills and imagination!
More Sewing Tutorials:
- 10 Ways to Spice Up Your Shower Curtain
- 10 Hotpad & Oven Mitt Tutorials to Make
- Purse Tutorial ~ 15 Fabulous Free Bag Patterns
Melanie is the creator/author/sewing dork behind the Crafty Cupboard. Shes been sewing most of her life, but has latched on to it as a source of sanity ever since having her first kiddo 4 ½ years ago. She loves vintage Pyrex, Nutella, and Pop Secret popcorn, and will sing for you on request. She is allergic to dishes, laundry, and mopping. She currently lives in Arizona with her 2 ½ children and a very handsome husband.
Leave a Reply