Upstyle a plain bench into a colorful seating area for your back patio!
Step by Step Instructions
1. & 2. Sand and wipe down your bench to remove any splinters. This also helps remove some of the dirt!
3. & 4. Paint the entire bench in Americana Decor Satin Enamel in the color of your choice
5. & 6. Stencil your design in the center and on the edges (or arms) of your bench with Americana Decor Metallics Antique Brass
7. For smaller accent designs, tape around the center of the stencil
*Cosmetic sponges are terrific for painting stencils. Get a bag at the 99c store
8. When dry, sand the hard edges of the bench
*This is a lovely way to outline the shape of the bench
9. Since my bench is outside all year, I protected it with Americana Decor Light Satin Varnish