A creamy bowl of Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup is guaranteed to warm you up, with the heat of ground ginger and nutmeg! You won’t believe it’s healthy!
You Will Need...
- 3 cups peeled, diced butternut squash (about 1 small)
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrot (4 medium)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced leek or chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 14-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 half-and-half or light cream
- pumpkin seeds, toasted (optional)