When my son was little he broke almost everything he touched. We started calling him Captain Destructo. When Halloween came around I decided to make a Captain Destructo costume.
You Will Need...
- Romper or other outfit in the desired colors
- felt for the cape and the letter on the chest
- sew on velcro strips
- plastic sunglasses
- foam sheets to decorate the sunglasses
- hot glue and glue gun or craft glue
- needle and thread
- Sewing machine (optional)
- iron on transfer sheets or fabric glue
- broken toys or cheap toys you will need to break
Step by Step Instructions
First you need to decide on the logo for the chest. I cut the letter D from some felt and a shape to put behind the D.
Cut a cape shape from the felt. The top should match up with the child’s shoulders and be wider at the bottom. Mine was a little long. You might want it to go just below the knees.
I cut out the letters on the cape from felt. I attached them with fabric glue. Once they dried I outlined them with fabric puff paint.
Now is the fun part. If you have some broken toys you are all set. If not you can go to a dollar store or yard sale. Break any unbroken toys. Attach the pieces of the broken toys to the cape with a needle and thread. Make sure the cape isn’t too heavy
Once everything is attached and any glue has dried the costume is ready to wear. Just attach the cape with the velcro when you want it on.