These sweet treats are super tasty and unbelievably really good for you too. They taste just like shortbread, but far more healthy and nutritious.
You Will Need...
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 8 tbsp. cashew nut butter
- ¼ tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 cup/100g ground almonds
- Optional: 1/3 cup/50g raisins
Step by Step Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 160C.
2. Combine the coconut oil, cashew nut butter, maple syrup, bicarbonate of soda, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a large bowl.
When fully combined add the ground almonds by folding them into the mixture.
3. Mix together the coconut oil, cashew nut butter, maple syrup, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and vanilla. Fold in the ground almonds and mix well.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and scoop out approximately 1 tbsp. of the mixture at a time (it will be really sticky). Roll into balls then flatten into round cookies.
5. If using raisins, gently place 2-3 in each cookie now. Don’t add too many as this could cause the cookies to break.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes then serve.