We really love chinese food and especially love special fried rice so we’re really happy to introduce this healthy recipe, it’s totally delicious and really comforting. The array of veggies give great flavour and make the dish super nutritious too.
You Will Need...
- For the cauliflower fried rice:
- 1 head of a cauliflower
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 small white onion
- 1/2 cup/80g of frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2-4 tbsp coconut aminos (a healthy alternative to soy sauce)
- 2 eggs (optional)
- For the tofu stir-fry
- 1 pack of extra firm tofu
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- 2 carrots
- 4 tbsp chopped spring onion
- zest of 1 orange
- For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup/120ml coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup/120ml water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 cloves of garlic
Step by Step Instructions
1. Make the cauliflower rice by chopping the cauliflower into small chunks and adding to a food processor (if you don’t have a food processor you can also grate the cauliflower).
2. Add the coconut oil to a frying pan then fry the onion, peas and carrots for 3-4 mins.
3. Move the vegetables to the side of the pan then add in the egg and scramble. Once scrambled, mix in with the vegetables. Set aside until later.
4. Make the sauce by adding all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
5. Start making the stir fry by removing the tofu from pack and dry with kitchen towels.
6. Cut the tofu into small cubes, add the coconut oil to a frying pan and fry the tofu chunks until light brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
7. Thinly slice the carrots and broccoli and add to the frying pan with 1/4 cup of water. Place the lid on the pan and leave to simmer for 3 mins.
8. Add the sauce and tofu to the pan and leave for a further 3 mins.
9. Return to the rice mixture and add the cauliflower rice and coconut amino to the pan of vegetables and egg. Heat for 3 mins.
10. Plate up and serve with grated orange zest and spring onions.