This really is one of our favourite desserts – it’s so hard to believe that is healthy and nutritious and we just love how beautiful it looks – the 4 layers look amazing and taste incredible too. The best thing about it though has to be that it’s super easy and there’s no baking involved whatsoever. We’re massive fans of cashew icing – which we’ve used in quite a few of our dessert recipes but for this one we’ve added a sprinkle of cinnamon which really compliments the other layers in the pie. We really hope you like it – let us know what your favourite layer is. We love them all!
Chocolate Pecan Pie
$25 to $50
You Will Need...
- For the crust:
- 2 2/3 cups/450g dried cranberries
- 2.5 cups/450g pitted dates
- For the cashew layer:
- 1 cup/150g of soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup/120ml of coconut water
- 1/2 cup/90g pitted dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- For the pecan layer:
- 3 sliced apples
- 3/4 cup/95g pecans
- 2 sprigs of vanilla
- For the chocolate icing:
- 1/4 cup/30g of cacao
- 3/4 cup/180ml of coconut water
- 1.5 cups/270g pitted dates
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 cups of pecans (optional to decorate)
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut (optional to decorate)
Step by Step Instructions
1. Place all the ingredients for the crust into a food processor and process until you achieve a crust-like consistency, then press into the base of a cake tin.
2. Place all the ingredients for the cashew layer into a blender and blend until you reach a creamy consistency. Spread this layer on top of your crust.
3. Place all the ingredients for the pecan layer into a blender and blend until creamy then spread on top of the cashew layer.
4. Add all the ingredients for the chocolate icing into a blender and blend until smooth, then layer on top of the pie.
5. Decorate the top of the pie with pecans and desiccated coconut.
6. Freeze for 3 hours or until 1 hour before serving!
Leave a Reply