This is great project even for someone who doesn’t want to take on learning to make soap. Using store bought soap as a base and a microwave; I simply added crushed candy-cane and a bit of red food coloring to it. In a few simple steps you have a festive Christmas gift sure to please! Place your fresh smelling peppermint soap into an equally easy to make candy-can tripod holder. Wrap and decorate your bars of soap for stocking stuffers, gifts or a decorative element at your sink side. The crushed candy-cane makes a fabulous exfoliate and you will be amazed how great your skin will feel after using it!
You Will Need...
- A shallow rectangular pan – minimum depth ½” 6″ x 9″ works good or individual small pans
- 6 bars of white hand soap (base for soap)
- Candy canes (3 canes per soap stand) and extra’s to crush up
- No stick cooking spray
- Red Food Coloring
- Plastic Wrap
- Ribbon & Bows or Decorative Accent to put on Ribbon (to decorate soap bars)
- Round Christmas mints (for top of soap holder)
- Glue gun
Step by Step Instructions
Cut up soap bars into chunks and put in disposable plastic bowl
Put into microwave for 1 minute until big fluffly cloud and add in crushed candy cane and red food coloring. Stir until you have a marbled look.
Press into pan until about 1/2 inch thick. You can use individual mini pans or continue to add to larger pan until full and then slice like brownies.
Wrap soap in plastic and add ribbon.