This simple tutorial walks you through the steps to creating a beautiful ombre rose cake. If I can do it, anyone can do it! If you’re a baking expert or a cake decorating newbie this tutorial is for you.
You Will Need...
- M1 Tip & Piping Bag
- Buttercream frosting (& optional food coloring)
Step by Step Instructions
– Start with your cake and put a good crumb coat on. For those new to baking its just a coat of icing that conceals the cake underneath. This can be uneven and sloppy as long as you cant see what color the cake is underneath.
– Add a M1 tip to your piping bag and fill with buttercream. If you dont have an M1 tip any large star tip will do.
– My sister in law started on the outside of the flower and worked her way in so that the flowers popped out a little in the middle. This is a very cute look but if youre going for a more authentic looking rose start in the center of the flower and slowly work your way around and around until you reach your desired size. Try to end your rose at the same place every time.
– If you used large roses (as I tend to do) youll be left with a few gaps inbetween your roses. Thats okay! I have a simple solution for them. Go in and add an extra swoop along side one of the roses. Simply follow the shape of the rose and release pressure before lifting the bag. Voila!