This is a dinner the whole family will love! Shepherd’s pie topped with mashed yams… so yummy! This is a dinner filled with vegetables, protein and delicious flavors!
Easy Shepherd’s Pie with Mashed Yams
$25 to $50
You Will Need...
- 4 yams, 2 C frozen corn and/or peas, 1 onion (diced), 2 T garlic (minced), 1 lb ground meat OR 2 cans of beans, 2 tomatoes (diced), 1 medium zucchini (diced), 1 medium head of broccoli (chopped into bite sized pieces), 2 T lemon juice, salt, pepper, onion salt, garlic powder, lemon pepper
Step by Step Instructions
1. Heat oven to 400 F and bake yams for 60-80 minutes. Let them cool long enough to remove the skins. Mash yams and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
2. While yams are cooling reduce heat of the oven to 350 F. Sauté the frozen corn and/or peas for a minute and then add the onions and garlic and season with a little salt and pepper. Sauté for several minutes until onions are soft.
3. Add the ground meat and continue sautéing until the meat is cooked, then add the tomatoes, zucchini, broccoli and lemon juice. Season to taste.
4. Pour mixture into a 9X13 pan and spread mashed yams (seasoned) over the meat and vegetables mixture. Place the pan into the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
Eat and enjoy!
Leave a Reply