Turn an inexpensive table into an art deco showstopper for just a few dollars! No nails required once the pieces are cut. Just paint and glue! See how easy it is to put together here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt4zycubX8BJZ8pZhZ4w8ow
You Will Need...
- Lack table from Ikea (or small, square side table)
- Maxx Gloss in China White and Patent Leather
- Metallic gold paint pen
- E-6000 Glue
- 1/4" plywood cut in the following sizes:
- 8 - 2" x 6"
- 8 - 4" x 8"
- 8 - 6" x 10"
Step by Step Instructions
1. Using a large lid, trace a curve on the corner of each of the 24 pieces
2. Cut each curve with a jigsaw and fine blade
3. Sand each piece with a sander or sandpaper
4. Paint the 6″x 10″ and 2″ x 6″ pieces with Maxx Gloss in black
*Make sure you paint 4 sets facing each direction
5. Paint the 4″ x 8″ pieces in China White
6. When dry edge each piece with a metallic paint pen
7. Paint the entire table with the Maxx Gloss in black
*Ikea tables come in black, but they are not glossy which is the effect I wanted
8. Glue the painted wood pieces together in sets
9. With E-6000, glue them to the corners of each side of the table and let dry