Create this easy puppet theater with a simple office supply display board. It folds up for easy storage and will provide your children with hours of fun.
Step by Step Instructions
1. Cut a window into the center of your tri-fold display board.
2. Using painter’s tape create vertical stripes on display board.
3. Paint stripes and then remove the painter’s tape. Allow paint to completely dry.
4. Create felt flowers. You can create these freehand or using a die cut machine.
5. Glue the felt flowers onto the puppet theater. Glue buttons into the center of the flowers. You can also create a banner using felt & buttons.
6. Glue a lightweight frame underneath the theater window. Paint inside of the frame with chalkboard paint. This will allow your child to write in the name of their show.
7. Measure window opening and sew fabric curtains.
8. Use Velcro (R) Brand Fasteners to attach curtains to the inside of the theater. I used a combination of the adhesive backed fasteners (to attach to the theater) and the sew-on fasteners (sewn to the fabric). I figured this would ensure that both sides would be secure as possible. Other tutorials use rope to hang the curtains, but I was pretty sure that would come down in a few days. This solutions also ensures that the theater can fold-up which allows for easy storage.
Now all you have to do is get out the puppets and start the show. The theater can also be used as a drive-thru window for your child’s make believe restaurant.