These mediterranean style baked sweet pototoes are perfect for a quick 30 minute lunch.
A simple trick I use when making jacket potatoes is to chop them in half before putting them in the oven, this will significantly reduce the cooking time and will not effect the taste at all.
Not only is this lunch super delicious, the health benefits of sweet potato are amazing too. It’s a great source of vitamin A, and like carrots, contains skin-protecting beta-carotene. A medium sized sweet potato also has 28% more potassium than a banana.
1. Preheat the onion to 200C.
2. Chop the sweet potatoes in half (this will reduce the cooking time) and place top down on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
3. Chop the onion and red pepper into small chunks and lightly fry for 2-3mins, then add the chopped tomatoes, paprika, cumin and coriander and fry for a further 1-2 mins.
4. Drain the kidney beans and add to the pan with the tomatoes, pepper and onion. Cook for 4-5mins on a medium heat.
5. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and plate up. Add the bean mixture then any optional extra toppings. I’ve gone for spring onion, greek yoghurt and cranberries. Enjoy!