This Mexican Kale Salad is full of healthy vegetables and tossed with a sweet and mildly spicy vinaigrette. This recipe is great o make sure you’re getting in your greens…but it’s also delicious!
You Will Need...
- 1 bunch lacinato, or "dinosaur," kale
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. ancho chili pepper powder
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pinch pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 15-oz. can black beans
- 1/4 cup cilantro, lightly packed
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup corn, fresh or thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- tortilla chips (optional)
Step by Step Instructions
Wash and dry kale. Remove kale leaves from stems. Stack kale leaves and roll up. Slice about 1/4-inch thick.
Add sliced kale to a large bowl. Toss with 1 tbsp. olive oil and 1/2 tsp. salt. Set aside while you prepare the remaining salad ingredients.