In the 1930s, festive handmade crepe paper hats were all the rage. Although the pointed party hat is the standard in our time, why not give a nod to the past as you look toward the future with these easy and fanciful hats for New Year’s Eve?
You Will Need...
- 1 sheet 20"h x 25" crepe paper (with grain running vertically)
- 2 strips of crepe streamer in a complimentary color, 1 3/4" x 25"
- 1 strip of posterboard, 1 1/2" w x 24"l
- Tacky glue
- Glue gun (optional)
- String or heavy cord (approx. 4") to tie off tassel
- Embellishments such as scrapbook or Dresden borders, rosettes, feathers, rhinestones, etc.