My daughter loves have holiday themed T-shirts and accessories…and I love making them for her. With a simple tee, some fabric paint, a FREE bunny template, and one sweet pom pom make this adorable t-shirt great for Easter or all Spring.
You Will Need...
- -Blank T-Shirt (from target, Michaels, etc.)
- -Fabric Paint: I used DecoArt SoSoft in Tangerine and Bright Coral
- -Pouncers or brush for paint
- -Craft knife and cutting mat
- -Freezer paper
- -FREE Bunny template (On the blog post)
- -Cardboard or freezer paper for creating the stencil
- -1 medium (or large) white pompom
- -Glue or needle and thread for the pom pom
- -Painters Tape or masking tape (if you want it striped)
- -Iron/ironing board (for setting the paint)
- -Extra cardboard to put in between the t-shirt so the paint does not bleed through to the back
Step by Step Instructions
Print out the bunny template/transfer to cardboard (like a cereal box) and cut out to make a stencil
OR Print out the template; Tape it to a cutting mat; Tape a sheet of freezer paper over the bunny (shiny side down); Cut the bunny out (with a craft knife), creating a stencil with the freezer paper.
Heat the iron to cotton setting.
Center the stencil on the t-shirt (shiny side down).
Place a clean lightweight cloth over the stencil.
Press/Iron the stencil to the shirt.
Use the masking/blue tape to create stripes on the bunny (leave the freezer paper on the shirt). Paint the bright coral in the stripes.
After the paint is completely dry, remove the tape and freezer paper stencil.
Now you have a super cute and customizable bunny T for Easter and Spring!
Place a piece of cardboard (I use cereal boxes all the time) in the t-shirt (this protects the back of the shirt from painting bleeding through). Use the Tangerine paint and color the bunny all over. Let dry thoroughly.
Add any detail you like. We used a large white pom pom and sewed is on for a tail (you can glue it too) or add a cute little bow to the bunny ear!