These home made pirate costumes are made with boxes, tubes, paint, plastic jewelry, and coins. I sewed on read dred locks onto the bandanna my son is wearing to make it look super authentic.
How to Make the DIY Pirate Ship:
- The ship is shaped from a large box.
- The poles are from large cardboard tubes.
- The flags are place mats from the Dollar Store.
- The sword is also made from cardboard.
- Detailed with spray paint.
How to Make the Treasure Chest Costume:
Here is my 3 year old as a treasure chest that my husband made with all form boxes and paint. I decorated it by hot gluing on jewelry and plastic coins and we also glued sand and sea shells on the bottom.
- The treasure chest is also shaped from cardboard boxes.
- The bottom has real sand and shells attached with hot glue.
- The plastic coins and jewelry are also attached with hot glue.
- Details on the treasure chest created with spray paints.
You can check it out the Pirate Ship & Treasure Chest Costumes as well as my other homemade Halloween costumes over on my blog.