Turn a roadside rescue into a funky nightstand with paint and fabric decoupaged right to the drawer fronts. A great way to cover up scratches and dents in used furniture.
Step by Step Instructions
1. Remove the hardware
2. & 3. Trace the pattern of the face of the drawers on butcher paper by rubbing crayon along the design
4. Pin on fabric and cut out
5. Paint the entire nightstand with Satin Enamels and let dry
6. – 8. Apply Americana Decoupage to the face of the drawer (where the fabric will be placed) and apply the fabric to the drawer.
9. Coat the fabric with more decoupage
10. & 11. Add shimmer to the details and handles by rubbing them with Metallic Lustres
in Silver Spark
12. If you want, line the fabric with a silver paint marker