There is one thing every cookier needs in their arsenal a favorite royal icing recipe. The royal icing recipe that Im sharing with you today is my favorite because it is not only yummy (of course!) but it is the perfect texture. There is a not-so-secret ingredient that allows the icing to harden enough for stacking and shipping while remaining soft on the inside. No more biting into a beautifully decorated cookie and cringing because the icing is rock hard!
You Will Need...
- 5 tablespoons meringue powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon glycerin
- 12 drops white gel food coloring
- 1 teaspoon oil-free clear vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon oil-free clear almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon oil-free clear butter flavoring