Europe has some of the best holiday destinations for the whole family. Tourists across the globe visit the beautiful continent all year round in search of relaxation and adventure. Croatia is especially endowed with amazing natural and man-made features that will blow away your mind. The country has been blessed with breathtaking attractions such as waterfalls, islands, and beaches. The accommodation is also exquisite with top notch customer service.
One of the most toured places in Croatia is the city of Split. The town is located near the islands of Dalmatia, Korcula and Brac. The city offers some of the best resorts and hotels with entertainment for the whole family. It is a perfect destination for a family holiday. If you are looking to travel this summer with your family, you may want to visit Split City and experience the true meaning of family holiday. Since holidays can be thoroughly expensive, I have come up with a few tips to assist you get the most of this city. Take a look at them below;
1. Take a Split airport taxi to get from the airport to the city centre. Taxis are inexpensive in Split and it’s the fastest way to get to your accommodation. What’s more, the taxi drivers are conversant with the city which means that you can sit back and relax as you and your family members are chauffeured around.
2. If you are planning to stay in Split for more than one day, it is advisable to look for accommodation anywhere but the old city centre. This is because of the unbearable heat and crowding in this part of Split City and especially when the peak season comes around.
3. The beautiful city of Split is geographically located near Stobrec and Podstrana-the two places offering a perfect mix of culture and beach experience. You can use the efficient local bus transport which is children-friendly to tour these beautiful towns.
4. Take advantage of some of the beaches located in the city which offer opportunities for children to enjoy themselves at the sea shore. These beaches are shallow with calm and clean sea water and no water tides or high currents perfect for the young ones to swim. The city also has some pet-friendly beaches so you can bring your dog along!
5. Rent a boat from a local charter in Croatia and explore the famous islands. There are great islands like Brac, Hvar, Vis, and Korcula which can be found near Split and are a great tourist hotspot.
6. For more fun and family entertainment, look out for concerts and festivals. These events happen frequently in different locations around the old town. Most of the activities include ballet and opera. These can be a real treat to your kids and teenagers.
7. If you have any time during the day, be sure to visit the beautiful Roman ruins at Salona and learn some Croatian history as a family.
8. Crowds can be a challenge at Split city. Escape these crowds by taking a short family walk towards the Marjan Hill, perhaps stopping at Vidilica café to enjoy coffee with your family members.
Just like visiting any new place, enough preparation and research must be taken seriously. What I can guarantee you is that Croatian holiday will be an experience worth going back for. Use the tips above to make the most of your next family trip.