Make a necklace to match every outfit you own for less than $4 each! These also make great gifts.
What you Need:
1. Pendant at Wal-Mart, Michaels, or Hobby Lobby. (I got these at Wal-Mart)
2. Crimp Beads (Buy it in a small package of 100)
3. .7 mm or .5 mm stretchy string. (Buy it on a roll at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. One roll makes around 12 necklaces)
Click here for more ideas.
How to Make:
1. String the stretchy string through the bead.
2. String a crimp bead through both sides of the stretchy string at once and use needle-nose pliers to crimp it down closed right on top of the pendant. (This is important because it’s going to keep the pendant from turning over or on its side.) See above picture.
3. To close, string each side of the stretchy string through the opposite ends of the crimp bead and use needle-nose pliers to close. (Try on the necklace before you crimp the bead to be sure the pendant lays in the right place.)
4. To polish it off, cut the ends of the stretchy string close to the crimp bead.
Here’s an example of a “Camp Belle’s” necklace I made with shrinky dinks for girls camp. Their motto was “Be M! M! Good.” Seriously so cute! Click here for more ideas.