Are your kids already getting bored this summer? Spice things up a bit by having a “Surprise Box!” day. Simply add a bunch of toys your child loves but no longer plays with into a bin (not clear). Put it away and only get it out occasionally, for Rainy Days, Babysitters, Sunday, etc. It’s a great way to rotate toys and keep your play room feeling fresh, new, and organized.
Free Printable File:
Surprise Box (728 downloads)
How to Make:
- Print out the box label
- Cut out
- Tape onto a large bin
How to Use:
- Add a bunch of toys to a bin of any size.
- Hide the bin away for a while.
- When needed, pull out the “surprise box” full of toys and let the kids play.
- Be sure to put the toys back into the box after a few hours so they remain special and fun.
- Rotate the toys in the bin or have several bins to rotate.
Tip: Add a theme to your Surprise box but adding in only “ABC” related items or “Blue’s Clues” items. Etc.