Put in the invitation that each guest should bring a backpack to the party.
10:00 Gathering Activity: Print out Backpack & Map from Nick Jr.com and have the guests color them while waiting for everyone to arrive. Tape them to the front of each person’s backpacks.
10:10 Put in each guests backpack:
* Tape on Backpack & Map from gathering game
* Isas wheels
* Binoculars (made out of two toilet rolls & yarn attached)
* Party Map (see Dora Map)
10:15 Watch Dora the Explorer Birthday Video:
* Sing Intro Dora the Explorer
* Pull out maps: Sing Im a Map
* Chant: Lake, wall, Tree house
10:20 Tico – Find Ticos balloons
* Swiper on box! Yell Swiper No Swiping!
* Count balloons, give to Tico and count 2x
10:25 Crocodile Lake w/ Pirate puzzle boat. (I just got a “trendle” from a train table and added a flag and colored paper to make the “boat”.
* We made it through the lake, next comes the wall
* Lake, wall, Tree house Song
10:30 Help Isa go to the Party – pull wheels out of backpack.
* Pin wheels on scooter
10:35 Go over the wall (use table & step stool)
* We need your help, will you help Benny?
* Across the lake, over the wall, next comes the Tree house!
10:37 Arrive at the tree house and sing: We did it!
10:39 Present Time, Present Time, Open the Present…
10:50 Cake & Ice-cream
11:00 Put Thank You Gift in each backpack
Print Free File: Download
Take the kids on their own adventure to the three house where to the birthday party. See the Dora Agenda to get details on each station.
Use the map to find these obstacles:
1. Find Tico’s balloons (Swiper got them).
2. Go through crocodile lake w/ puzzle boat
3. Help Isa put her wheels on her scooter
4. Help Benny go over the wall.
5. Arrive to the tree house.