I know this is a little late but I made this cute visual to go along with the poem, “Hats off to Mother“. The poem and pictures on this page will help you explain the roles of mothers.
Simply cut the dotted line in the poster, then cut out each hat. Recite the poem as you place each hat on her head. Poem from: Pat Graham and Janice Gardiner Wright
My mother’s job is sometimes hard, and I have heard her say,
“The hours are long, and if I could, I’d like to change the pay.”
Her profession has variety, and I will tell you now
About the many hats she wearsand why and when and how.
1. My mommy’s a nurse who fixes and patches
All of my hurts and my sores and my scratches.
2. My mother’s a chef who fixes each dinner
Fit for a king’a blue-ribbon winner!
3. My mom’s a chauffeur who drives pretty slow
But gets me to places where I need to go.
4. My mom’s a detective, and no one is greater
At getting the truth from me sooner or later.
5. My mommy’s a gardener and works really hard,
Planting and weeding and grooming our yard.
6. My mother’s a maid,at least that’s what she said,
‘Cause she cleans up the house and makes every bed.
7. My mother’s an angel, a queen in disguise!
Who teaches the gospel with tears in her eyes.
Today take these hats off, and please wear no other.
Let me do your work, to show I LOVE YOU, MOTHER!
Oh so true all the roles we have. You can also print out this file which has each hat and role of Mom. Use this fun activity do with your kids, preschool, play group, or church.