Sue did the most amazing thing a while ago and I wanted to share it with all of you. I have truly been inspired by her service and her thoughtfulness. All I can say is “WOW!” what an amazing gift.
More often these days, you read a blog post that completely lifts you up and makes you want to be a better person. Sue did this for me with her post on ‘I am a Mother‘.
Sue mailed this package to Julie after what must have been a really bad mommy day.
Sue wrote: “I know its probably a little strange getting a package from a complete stranger, but when I read your For Sale post on your blog (see attached copy) I just wanted to do something for you. You really captured a crazy day in a mothers daily life. I included a few items in your package to help you gear up in case you have another disastrous day like this one.”
Here’s what Sue put in her care package:
- Granite counter top cleaner complete with a scrapper to help remove glue and glitter topped with toilet paper.
- A roll of toilet paper to replace the one your girls probably used up.
- You also are now armed with nail polish remover.
- Clorox pen to help with the stains on the dirty laundry (sorry, if its not white I have no idea what removes nail polish from clothes). I
- also created a little craft box so your girls will have a box of approved supplies if they choose to be crafty while you are away.
- A little bottle of Sweet Pea lotion to help remind you to stay sweet even when the kids turn up the heat. Actually, I wanted it to really remind you to take some time out for yourself now and then.
- There is also a CD of one of my hard mommy day play lists that I listen to often to keep me focused on what being a mom is all about and to not beat the kids.
- Finally, the book I Am A Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson.
Sue founded the blog “I am a Mother” to promote motherhood. The purpose of the blog and the book, I Am A Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson, is to fill it with wonderful letters to mothers, and that these letters can be shared with multiple women.
I hope you pass along the book and inspire others to do the same. Thanks Sue for your inspiration and challenge.