This tutorial shows how to reupholster dining chairs. Grab some chairs from your basement, a garage sale, or thrift store and with a little DIY, change them into beautiful, “new” dining chairs!
You Will Need...
- Old second hand chairs, Black matte spray paint, acrylic gloss spray paint, sander, staples and staple gun, fabric.
Step by Step Instructions
1. I pulled the Cushion of the chair, and the back detailing easily came off. Followed by a quick clean.
3. I spray painted the chairs black using between 2-3 coats, left for drying time then followed by the clear acrylic coat to prevent scratches.
4. While the chairs were drying i worked on my cushions. I pulled out all the previous staples, yanked the fabric off so that i had a clean slate.
5. i stapled on my fabric, make sure you pull it tight you don’t want creases or looseness in your fabric. I also covered the base of the cushion with a plain black fabric just to cover up the unsightly wood.